Last Updated: 08/29/2023
If you are a California resident, please see the"Note to California Residents" section below.
What information do we collect about customers?
Information That You Provide
- Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, place an order, or request stylist appointments, we ask you for your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
- Payment Information. When you make a purchase, we will collect that payment card information. Depending on your chosen payment option, we may use a third-party service provider that handles payments for us and will receive your payment card information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Service team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send us, and other information you may choose to provide. We may also record your calls with our Customer Service team to handle your inquiry and for training, research and product development purposes.
- Other Information You Chose to Provide. We collect other information you provide us. For example, when you use a virtual try on feature, we collect and process we collect and process data from the images you provide through our service provider yRuler, including data that could be construed as a scan of your hand or face geometry. We collect and process this data for the purposes of assisting you in virtually trying on jewelry, sharing with others the images of you virtually trying on jewelry, and deciding whether to complete a purchase. yRuler stores this data on behalf of Revolve for up to thirty (30) days after you submitted an image for this feature. After thirty (30) days, this data is destroyed, unless we or yRuler are otherwise required by law or legal process to retain the data
Information we collect when you use our service
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we receive your general location information (for example, your internet protocol ("IP") address may indicate your more general geographic region).
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, purchases you make, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information We Infer. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on information we collect about you. For example, based on your browsing or purchasing activities, we may infer your purchasing preferences, and based on your IP address, we may infer your approximate location.
- User Feedback. We receive information about ratings and reviews that you post when you use our Services.
Information we receive from third parties
- Information from third party services. If you choose to link our Services to a third-party account, we may receive information about you, including your profile information, and your use of the third-party account. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party accounts to learn about your options.
- Other third parties. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other information we have about you.
How do we use the information we collect?
- To process and deliver purchases, returns, and backorders.
- To send you security alerts, shipping notifications, and other administrative messages, to provide customer support, and for marketing purposes, such as to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you.
- To customize our Services and product offerings to present you with tailored content, such as (i) remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our website(s); (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on our website(s);
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our Services and product offerings;
- To provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services, including customer service, including to create and manage an account on our Services;
- To record purchases that you have made through our Services;
- To allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our Services, including on our social media pages;
- To facilitate the connection of third-party services or applications, such as social networks;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers; and
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms Of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
How do we disclose customer information?
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
- Third Party App Integrations. If you connect a third-party application to our Services, we may share information with that third party.
- Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google's practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt-out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites and online services. For more information about interest-based ads, and to learn about options for opting out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices or, if you are in the EU, www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
- Aggregated or De-identified Form. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise de-identified information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena or other lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Services.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission or at your direction.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Request a copy of the personal information Revolve holds about you (including as necessary to support your right of data portability),
Request to know information about the categories of personal information we process about you,
Request that Revolve correct your data,
Request that your data be deleted, and
Withdraw consent for any processing where we have requested your consent.
Opt out of targeted advertising, sharing, and sales
Depending on your jurisdiction and subject to certain limitations, you have the following rights with respect to the personal information we process about you:
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit your request at https://preferences.revolve.com/privacy(opens in a new tab). If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at[email protected] (please put “APPEAL” in your subject line). If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
As described in the Advertising Partners section above, we engage third parties to help serve you targeted advertisements on other properties. Some of these activities may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or “targeted advertising” under certain privacy laws. We may also share your email address to help us perform targeted advertising on other platforms.
You have the right to opt out of targeted advertising, sharing, and sales of your personal information by using the following link: Privacy Choices(opens in a new tab) or you may opt out of cookie-based disclosures by visiting our Services with a legally-recognized opt-out preference signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control).
You may manage and update your information, or close your account by emailing us at [email protected].
Marketing Communications.If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails sent by one of our brands, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account.
Please review our Text Messaging Program Terms & Conditions for more information about managing text messages received from one of our brands.
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), Switzerland, or the United Kingdom (“UK”), please see the "Note to Individuals in the EEA, UK and Switzerland" section below.
Attn: Legal Department
12889 Moore Street
Cerritos, CA 90703
Phone: 1-888-442-5830 International: +1-562-926-5672
If you are in the EU, you may also contact our representative at:Bird & Bird GDPR Representative Services SRL
Avenue Louise 235
Notice of changes
Note to California residents
This section provides details about rights afforded to California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or "CCPA"), and supplemental details about the personal information we collect about California residents.
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information and device identifiers); commercial information (such as items purchased); internet or other network activity information (such as browsing behavior and other usage data); approximate location data; inferences (such as purchasing preferences and approximate location); demographic data (such as gender); audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as customer support call information); and other personal information (such as product feedback or payment method information). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the What Information Do We Collect About Customers section above. We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in theHow Do We Use the Information We Collect section above. We share this information with the categories of recipients described in the How Do We Share Information section above. Further details on our sharing are provided below:.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients with Whom Information May Be Shared|
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents the right to request to know more about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell, to request to delete their personal information, to opt out of any sales that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do use third-party cookies and related technologies to send targeted ads, and this may be deemed a "sale" under the CCPA. Based on that interpretation, in the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties:
|Categories of Personal Information||Category of Third Parties|
To opt out of these "sales," use the following link: Privacy Choices. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16. You can also opt out of cookie-based "sharing" or "sales" activities by visiting our Services with a legally-recognized universal choice signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control). Please note that, depending on which legally-recognized opt-out preference signal you use, our processing of the signal may be limited to the specific browser or device that you are using. You may need to renew your opt-out choice if you use a different browser or device to access our Services, or if you clear your cookies.
California residents, and authorized agents on their behalf, may request access to or deletion of their personal information by submitting their requests at https://preferences.revolve.com/privacy or by emailing us at[email protected].We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you, such as your name, email address, order history, etc. You can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, but we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly. We do not knowingly collect sensitive personal information. However, any of this information that you voluntarily provide will not be processed for a purpose other than as permitted by the law without right to limit.
Notice of Financial Incentives: We offer various financial incentives from time to time. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons, or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or text messages. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your email address or phone number) and commercial information (like your purchase preferences and interests or purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails and text messages or contacting us at[email protected]. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Note to individuals in the eea, uk and switzerland
If you are in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data. Please see the sections below for more details,
Legal basis for processing
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal basis:
- Necessity. As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase;
- Legitimate Interest. When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services. We only rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests;
- Consent. If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated; and
- Legal Obligation. In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
Data subject requests
Please see the Your Privacy Rights and Choices section above for more information about your privacy rights and how to exercise them. In addition, you have the right to object to certain processing or request we restrict certain processing. To exercise any of these rights, please email us at [email protected]
When we transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable data protection laws. We may transfer your personal information to countries which provide an adequate level of protection under applicable data protection law, we may use contractual protections for the transfer of personal information. You may contact us as specified in the "Contact Us" section to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
Questions or complaints
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or complaints. If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see:
- For individuals in the EEA:https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
- For individuals in Switzerland:https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
- For individuals in the UK:https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/